Apply for the MORCA-Georgetown Paralegal Program
Applications for the 2023 cohort of the MORCA-Georgetown Paralegal Program have closed. If you would like to be notified about future applications, please complete this form (new window).
The MORCA-Georgetown Paralegal Program offers returning citizens an opportunity to build successful and rewarding careers in the field of law. The program is a partnership between Georgetown University, the Mayor’s Office on Returning Citizen Affairs (MORCA), and the DC Department of Employment Services (DOES).
- Students must have been previously incarcerated
- High school diploma or GED required
- Students must be D.C. residents
- Per Georgetown University guidelines, all students must be fully vaccinated and boosted against COVID-19 or have an approved medical or religious exemption.
- Returning citizens with a strong interest in starting a career as a paralegal
- Passionate about advancing their own education, driven, and hardworking
- Able to contribute positively to classroom discussions
- Available to attend classes in person 40 hours a week for 24 weeks (including Saturday classes). Classes will take place at PJI’s office near Gallery Place-Chinatown Metro station
- Earn a certificate in Paralegal Studies from Georgetown in 24 weeks
- Receive a $17/hour stipend while completing classes full time
- Have the opportunity to interview for paid, full-time paralegal positions with Georgetown’s network of employer partners
- Receive support, mentorship, coaching, and job readiness training
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org